SHORETEL IS NOW PART OF MITEL. See how powering connections in the cloud is now brilliantly simple.

GroupWise 2014/ShoreTel 14.2 and Action Dail Contact in Address Book

Mar 20, 2015 10:10 PM PDT
Renee Hunter
Washington Federation of State Employees
When we first started with ShoreTel, I cold right-click on a contact in my GroupWise 8 address book, choose Action, Dial Contact and ShoreTel phone would dial the number.

After our first upgrade prior to 14.2 we lost this ability.

Now we are still at 14.2, upgraded to GroupWise 2014 HP1, and Office 2013 and I cannot get this function to work still

In my Communicator I was was able to choose Novell GroupWise, but With my first attempts, I just got the Dialer popup. Next I opened Outlook 2013, went into the Communicator and was able to import contacts from Outlook. Dumb move on m part. :-))

After closing Outlook, and attempting to dial from my GroupWise Address book I get the error: No recipient application is available to dial 'number shows here". Please start the recipient application and try again." Tried to start Outlook, but rec'd error it is ca't start and says another Outlook is running (though does not show in Task Manger.

Additionally, now in Communicator, Options box will not show. Of course, restarting my computer puts thing back.

I am hoping there is a solution.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this to work.

To reply to this post please Sign In