Diagnostics and Monitoring not receiving data

Jul 08, 2015 12:16 AM PDT
Stephanie Sawyer
Calibre One Pty Ltd
I have an issue where the Diagnostics and Monitoring tool isn't receiving any data. It opens fine but everything is blank saying "no recent captured data" we have tried rebooting the server and that didn't work. I've tried searching for an answer on here and it doesn't seem like anyone has had this problem before.

Its part of a domain and we aren't sure if this is the cause, if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this it would be much appreciated.
Jul 08, 2015 09:20 AM PDT
Andy Glover
Datasharp UK Ltd
Hi Stephanie. If you're using IE add the D+M URL to the trusted sites otherwise no data will show.
Jul 08, 2015 09:22 AM PDT
Andy Glover
Datasharp UK Ltd
For example ours is http://xxxxxxxxxx:5478/dm/dashboard - hope this helps.
Jul 09, 2015 05:58 PM PDT
Stephanie Sawyer
Calibre One Pty Ltd
Thank you Andy for your help this wasn't the issue but we have solved it now. We found that the data was being collected but it was being directed to the wrong IP address after finding all the files with the wrong IP address and changing them to the right one the data started tracking on the graph again. Thank you for your help
Sep 17, 2015 10:53 AM PDT
Damon Milden
CREG Systems
This is a little old but I am having same issue. Could we get more detail on what files you changed?
Sep 20, 2015 07:39 PM PDT
Stephanie Sawyer
Calibre One Pty Ltd
Our solution is only applicable if the I address of the server had been recently changed.
Sep 21, 2015 05:49 AM PDT
Damon Milden
CREG Systems
The address of my server was changed and I believe thats why I can't see anything in Diag&Mon. I changed the IP according to shoretel docs and everything seemed fine until I noticed none of the data was being shown in diag&mon. I went to configuration and monitoring service and changed the IP there as well but still can't see anything. Did a search and this is the only thread I can find on this issue.
Sep 22, 2015 05:32 AM PDT
Damon Milden
CREG Systems
Finally found solution from ShoreTel

Scenario After changing the IP Address of the server, the Diagnostic and Monitoring tool shows no Data. However, everything else works fine.

Resolution Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Shoreline Communications\ShoreWare Server and locate the 'Monitoringservice.ini' In that file is the IP Address of the HQ server. Be sure to set it to the correct address.
Mar 05, 2017 06:28 PM PST
Dominic Zotto
Eastern Datacomm Inc
I have a customer running 19.42.2005 whos server crashed Long Story, after Reinstall had this D&M issue and BELOW Fixed it. ( add the D+M URL to the trusted sites )

Example ours is http://xxxxxxxxxx:5478/dm/dashboard

THANKS ANDY AND ALL
Apr 17, 2017 12:28 PM PDT
Dave Easton
SETEL UC
Just to add an update to the "server IP address changed" scenario:

In Connect, the monitoring configuration file where you need to correct the server IP address is still called Monitoringservice.ini but is now located in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Shoreline Communications\ShoreWare Server\Monitoring

I also had to restart the ShoretelMonitoringService service on the server.

To reply to this post please Sign In